Monday, October 23, 2017

sublime - autosave when you change apps

The new hotness standard brought by IntelliJ seems to be autosave, cmd-s is old and busted.  For a while I thought this was black magic but I think sometimes it's as simple as a "save when you lose focus".

I still use sublime for other work, and among some other tips this page tells me I can just add
"save_on_focus_lost": true
to my preferences>settings (currently set to
{
"auto_match_enabled": false,
"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Solarized (Light).tmTheme",
"font_size": 15,
"auto_close_tags": false,
"save_on_focus_lost": true
}
for what it's worth.

From a UX standpoint, autosave is kind of an paradigm shift, but in an age of really good cmd-z undo, it's not as problematic as my old self would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment