Thursday, September 30, 2021

jira: origins

Finding by our scrummaster Eric Stolls about Jira, a tool we rely on heavily:

 I stumbled across this today.   Fun Fact about the origin of the name Jira - The product name is a truncation of Gojira, the Japanese word for Godzilla. The name originated from a nickname Atlassian developers used to refer to Bugzilla, which was previously used internally for bug-tracking.

Heh, Bugzilla was probably a play off of the old "Mozilla". My  personal homepage is still called "Kirkzilla" as a play on that, back when it was just the html view of my Netscape bookmarks.

2 comments:


  1. I recently went through this guide, and it’s honestly one of the most well-structured resources I’ve found for Jira. The way it breaks down the core architecture—specifically the relationship between Issues, Projects, and Workflows—is exceptionally clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent explanation! Simple, clear, and beginner-friendly. For anyone looking to learn more, check out jira-Tutorial.

    ReplyDelete