Sunday, March 28, 2021

rarely happier

My sweetie Melissa found some scratchers left over from Christmas - 2 of them, $2,000,000 50x Cashword are a little annoying to check - you have to hunt through a completed crossword to see if you actually had the letters for any of the words (SPOILER: thanks to the missing vowels you will likely complete about a word per puzzle but you need two in a puzzle to win back your money, but if you get up to eleven you win big bucks)

Anyway, in the words of Douglas Adams who said he was "rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.” I made a little Javascript checker for it...  I really enjoy being able to whip something like this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment