Friday, May 14, 2021

Timesheet Tim and the Ghosts of Timesheets Future

 My company has a moderately annoying timesheet policy. 

At a previous gig, I took on the form of Nagbot 3000 (those were status updates, actually).

I've been trying to help nudge my work gang - it's not like I really care (heck my manager things they're rather silly too, but you know- business) and when you google for Timesheet Reminders, most of the memes are kind of like "I want you to do timesheets":


But that belligerent vibe isn't what I'm going for! I mean, I don't care about timesheets, I just know that they're an easy thing to forget, and I want to help my teammates...

Anyway, last week I typo'd "timesheet tim!" for "timesheet time!" and it kinda sorta stuck so I think I'm just going to stick with this image from now on:

(I scribbled in my glasses and thin beard) I like the idea of a character who is just... enthusiastic about timesheets, and hope you will share in his joy.

Hm. Maybe I should make a meme-generator like thing for this, have him mix it up every week...

UPDATE: I made the generator. Didn't do any fancy P5 that would generate the image, screenshots should be enough I think.
 
UPDATE 2: eventually I started asking ChatGPT to rewrite my message in "cockney dialect". It's, like, barely Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins level, but it gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment