Thursday, July 22, 2021

simplenote lifehack: "findme" as searchable string for important notes

 For at least 7 or 8 years I've been using (and increasingly relying on) "Simplenote", a hyper-minimalist text only note taking app that is EXTREMELY good at synching to my desktop and iOS app (and has a webclient as well.)

Simplenote doesn't offer folders. I've grown to love its "just a big pile of notes" approach - and to not be overly worried about separating the what from the chaff. There is a "tag" system, but I find it a bit cumbersome. Also for a while I would "pin" the important notes to the top, but that grew unwieldy as well.

I think I've found a great solution: for important notes I add "FINDME" to the title. This integrates much more smoothly with the speedy search bar than the tag based approached, letting me pluck out the relevant note from all the others with similar content just by typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment