Thursday, August 25, 2022

cheaters never prosper but sometimes we have more fun at wordle

 So, Spoilers for Aug 25's Wordle....

Here was my share:

Wordle 432 4/6
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So had the first 3 letters... and knew I had all the vowels after step 2... but I wasn't seeing the answer and running all the permutations seemed tiresome, so I hopped over to jsitor (better than codepen as a js sandbox I think) and came up with

const letters = 'qwopfghjlzxcvbnm';
letters.split('').forEach(a=>{letters.split('').forEach(b=>console.log(`clo${a}${b}`))});

Yeah, the answer was "clown". Darn w-blends :-D I knew it as soon as I saw the second entry "cloqw"

Definitely not as cheat-y as going to a specialized website or even using /usr/dict/words , and actually I prefer a little programming exercise to gutting it out when the answer isn't showing up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment