Thursday, January 12, 2023

ux? dx? how about tx, team experience

Joining a new team for a 3-6 month stint.

They have a lot of decisions to make about their process. 

It was a chance for me to link to my own blog entry overlapping sprints to deal with the harsh realities of scrum - I'm actually a bit of consultant for the team, so I can't push this idea too much (and there are certainly arguments against it, especially in terms of meeting expectations of syncing with other tteams)  but it at least gets people thinking about some challenges that every team faces. Also I got to low key show off that I have a developer blog (not that the design of this site is very modern...)

Team mates definitely saw truth in the "QA always gets hosed" angle. The challenge is... how to get away with that. In the group chat I then wrote:

Yeah, it's human nature. I suppose just like there "UI/UX", as well as folks talking about "DX" for design experience, there's like... TX for Team Experience? So like UX, you have to accept there are some things people are inclined to do, and that "yelling at them not to do that, and insisting they be better behaved" should only be part of the solution. (Case in point, saying "devs! stop muscling out QA time and forgetting that the end of the sprint is for everything not just your work!")

 So yeah... TX!

No comments:

Post a Comment