Tuesday, September 12, 2023

catching up on links

How to pass the interview for software engineering roles in Big Tech - Handbook

on React Server Components - The key thing to understand is this: Server Components never re-render. They run once on the server to generate the UI. The rendered value is sent to the client and locked in place. As far as React is concerned, this output is immutable, and will never change. -- that explains a lot, actually. Like you can't use useEffect in part because you don't NEED to- side effects are embraced. Still seems weird that it's so tightly bundled with specific server apps.

How WhatsApp did what it did

I do wonder what the current state of PHP is relative to where I should go next in my career.

The 99% of Developers - like the idea that some stuff is aspirational, i.e. few people really fully practice what they preach

hatin' on Tailwind. I admit I haven't used it enough to see if my kneejerk bias against not being on the metal are justified

WebComponents rah rah rah! I do like the platform agnostic aspect, though Web Components have been "the near future" for like a decade...

I also wonder what I should know about Svelte

No comments:

Post a Comment