Wednesday, December 13, 2023

the power of qr for local dev

Looking to pick up some React Native - one trick I've seen two places now (The quick deploy environment Expo, and then a particular game hosting environment using Vite) is you start a local server, then it gives you a QR code in the terminal that lets you hop onto your server via your device. That's pretty dope!

I love the intersection of 80s ASCII Art and the ongoing  revival of early-2000s QR Codes  (Reminds me of an old joke that is now outdate: - "What's a pirate's favorite visual URL encoding?" "Q-Arrrrrrr?" "No, they don't scan them either")

Also, at other places in their example code they just have you run 

npx serve@latest

which fires up a baby webserver. I will add it to my old piece on got python? you got a webserver...

No comments:

Post a Comment