Thursday, May 11, 2023

"It's a miracle anything about this ecosystem works at all."

Some articles I've found interesting lately:

It's a miracle anything about this ecosystem works at all.
But here's a more cheerful view along with a useful summary of some of the history: The JavaScript Ecosystem Is Delightfully Weird - interesting with Dan Abramov's "React circa late 90s Windows", I remember being really impressed how ASP.net (I think it was) could change a function from running on server to the browser with just one keyword function descriptor...

Practical Guide To Not Blocking The Event Loop

I wonder how much of my future will switch to prompt engineering. It's annoying what bullshitters LLMs can be, they are there to please you and to say likely things, and the connection to the truth is semi-tangential... (but some people are really running with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment