Tuesday, June 27, 2023

mixers for every ability

 Today I was part of Partner for Youth with Disabilities' "Youth Leadership Forum Career Mentor Mixer" (This is the third time I've helped out with this, previous years had been online)

It's a rewarding but challenging event- challenging emotionally (as your heart goes out to young people having to overcome things many folks don't, it feels like injustice) and intellectually, as you work to best reshape your message for the interests and ability level of each young person at your table.

(and of course it feels even a little stranger as I work my way through my own job path's thorn and brambles - HMU if your team needs a good UI guy who can cover anything from modern React/Node/TypeScript to legacy PHP, as well as a holistic view of the user experience made with it...)



No comments:

Post a Comment