Thursday, June 16, 2022

the desktop catchall

I'm looking forward to trying out MacOS's Stage Manager - even though I'm notably a little conservative about my daily driver UI, this seems like an interesting blend of what I used to prefer about the old Windows taskbar vs the MacOS Dock - that thinking in terms of "open windows" vs apps still makes a lot of sense to me.

One complaint from some people trying it is anything on the Desktop is hidden...

People. It's 2022. Stop using your Desktop as a big cluttered workspace!

(My life improved when I switched Mac to use ~/Download for ALL my temp workspace needs, especially AirDrop stuff. This alongside my even longer term pattern of using ~/data for all my personal data that I care about in the long term, rather than ~/Documents or whatever idiosyncratic local folder an app would prefer to use.)

No comments:

Post a Comment